- Review the chapters in the Saldaña text found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the Introduction to Coding and From Content to Coding media programs in the Learning Resources.
- Refer back to your observational field notes from the Scholars of Change Videos from Weeks 1–4.
- Choose one of the four Scholars of Change videos and refer to your field notes from your observation.
- Access the transcript you downloaded for the media program of the Scholars of Change video you selected for this Discussion.
- Begin to code the transcript and the observational field notes of the Scholar of Change Video you chose. (Note: You will only need one or two codes for this Discussion, although more are acceptable.)
- Post a brief description of the video you chose. Next, include an example of one or two codes and provide quotes from your notes or transcript to support your example. Finally, explain your reasoning for this coding.
Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.
Saldaña, J. (2016). The coding manual for qualitative researchers (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 1, “An Introduction to Codes and Coding” (pp. 1–42)
- Chapter 2, “Writing Analytic Memos About Narrative and Visual Data” (pp. 43–65)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2016). Introduction to coding [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2016). From content to coding [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.